Many old castles, strongholds and churches from times long forgotten and enticing in their beauty are set in the idyllic Lahn valley surrounding Limburg.
- The church of St. Lubentius in Dietkirchen
- The baroque castle of Oranienstein in Diez
- Grafenschloss, the count's castle, in Diez
- Castle Schaumburg
- Burg Runkel, the stronghold of Runkel
- Russian Orthodox church in Bad Ems
- Burg Nassau, the stronghold of Nassau
- Renaissance Castle Weilburg, 16th Jahrh.
- Renaissance Castle Hadamar
All are no further than 25 kilometres from Limburg.